PhotoMark® eIonomer™ is a thermoplastic encapsulant that offers excellent strength, UV resistance and high bond to cells, glass and substrates, including PET.
This product reduces lamination cycle time and minimizes moisture ingress. An ionomer of ethylene acid copolymer, it has a proven track record as an encapsulant for CIGS technology in thin film PV applications. Users benefit from its excellent isolation performance, electrical resistivity, rigidity and durability.
PhotoMark® eIonomer has a wide variety of performance features, including:
- Reduced cycle time versus PVB or EVA
- Low moisture pickup, diffusion coefficients and moisture equilibrium levels
- Excellent laminated transparency
- Superior hydrolysis and microbial resistance
- Medium durometer and modulus
- No Potential Induced Degradation (PID)
- No degradation of polymer forming acetic acid
- Exceptional low-temperature flexibility
- Outstanding cold impact
Relying on its two-decade history in PV innovation, Tomark-Worthen has created this breakthrough product. Based on known materials that have excellent track records in outdoor applications and provide excellent laminator qualities, PhotoMark® eIonomer™ will help make your panel more reliable and competitive.
Composition: Zinc lonomer
|Melting Point, DSC||93ºC (199ºF)|
|Freezing Point, DSC||64ºC (147ºF)|
|Vicat Softening Point||65ºC (149ºF)|
|Max Processing Temp||260ºC (500ºF)|
|Light Transmittance||93 %|
|Tensile Strength, Mpa/kpsi||24.1, 3.5|
|Tensile Modulus, Mpa/kpsi||291, 42.3|